Wed, May 10|
Nurturing Trauma-Informed Child Care Programs (LSOC), Spring 2023
For those who work with individuals who have experienced trauma, understanding and employing practices that resist re-traumatization constitutes an essential step toward helping to facilitate growth.
Time & Location
May 10, 2023, 6:00 PM – 8:30 PM
About the Event
LSOC is an in-depth training on policies and practices that child care programs may employ to be trauma informed when working with children, families and staff. The training is broken down into eight modules, providing an introductory overview to trauma-informed care, and policy and practice recommendations. Participants will receive 17 hours of ECP credit as well as other resources.
- Wednesday May 10th, 6pm-8:30pm
- Wednesday May 17th, 6pm-8pm
- Wednesday May 24th, 6pm-8pm
- Wednesday May 31st, 6pm-8pm
- Wednesday June 7th, 6pm-8pm
- Wednesday June 14th, 6pm-8pm
- Wednesday June 21st, 6pm-8pm
- Wednesday June 28th, 6pm-8:30pm
After attending this training, child care providers will be able to:
1) Define effective, trauma-informed policy and practice that program, agency, and organization leaders and staff can implement to shift culture, policy, and practice to become increasingly trauma-informed and responsive
2) Assess current policy and practice to better identify gaps in service delivery and approaches that may not be trauma-informed
3) Implement recommended practices, using tools and resources from the training, which lead to the institutionalization of trauma- informed/responsive policy and practice.
If you have any questions or would like to talk more about the series, please contact us at email@example.com