1. High school diploma or GED.
2. Ability to lift 50 pounds.
3. Must have no prior convictions of physical or sexual abuse of children.
1. Pre-school CDA or higher degree in education.
2. Experience with children age 3-5 years old in Head Start, pre-school, or day care settings.
3. Current First Aid and CPR certification.
Substitute Teacher Aide Duties and Responsibilities
1. Under the direction of the teacher, assist with children in the classroom.
2. Adhere to agency policy on positive discipline.
3. Ensure that no child is ever left unattended and that two adults are in the vicinity of the children whenever possible, inside and outside.
4. Follow USDA and Head Start guidelines during meals and cooking projects.
5. Report any special needs of children to the teacher in a timely manner.
6. Take direction as presented by supervising teacher.
For other available position please go to our website https://nwmtheadstart.org