Tue, Mar 19|
STAR-T (Secondary Trauma Activates Resilience): Basic Level
You will learn about secondary trauma, its impact on educators and how to engage the power of resiliency.
Time & Location
Mar 19, 2024, 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM
About the Event
Join Andrew Laue, LCSW, to learn about secondary trauma, its impact on educators and how to engage the power of resiliency. The goal of resiliency practice is to create post-traumatic growth, meaning that the life and body of the educator is enhanced and strengthened not merely salvaged from the toxicity of trauma. Participants will practice connection skills (based on attachment theory and trauma theory) essential to engaging secondary trauma in the work setting.
- Tuesday, March 19th from 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm
- Tuesday, April 2nd from 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm
- Understand the impact of secondary trauma on child care providers and the skills and resources necessary to respond to it.
- Understand the basic concepts from four key theories that impact our effective response to secondary trauma: attachment theory, trauma theory, interpersonal neurobiology, and embodiment theory.
- Practice awareness skills (based on neuroscience and embodiment practice) essential to developing prevention practices that help educators respond to secondary trauma.
Participants will receive 4hrs of ECP credit.